Roses are More Than Red



It was only 4 years ago I got a glimpse of what it might look like to run into heavens gates. I was by her side walking in between life and death. In her very last breath I said in Thai "If you hear the Lord calling your name, He knows your name, run to him. You will forever be surrounded by fields of roses." And in her very last breath I played her this song by Phil Wicham.


"I see Your face in every sunrise. The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes. The world awakens in the light of the day. I look up to the sky and say, You're beautiful...When we arrive at eternity's shore. Where death is just a memory and tears are no more. We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring. Your bride will come together and we'll sing You're beautiful!


I think roses will forever be in my memory and my legacy. Tho it was a short visit with my family to commemorate my grandma, my mom was smiling in this rose garden at the foothills of where we laid her to rest. This was just a reminder of many things. • With this past weeks double whammy of my grandpa going to the ER on Easter Sunday and my own eye emergency to the ER Wednesday/Thursday....it reminded me that where I walk, every breath, every sight, and every motion that is made...hopefully, it praises the Lord...I guess for a little too long I had tunnel vision of what I was SUPPOSE to have and SUPPOSE to be at thirty something.


It's a new season to walk with a better focus and legacy in mind. It's etherial as I am being ushered into this season by walking a beautiful vision of a field of infinite roses just like my grandma probably did when she entered heavens gates. I guess that verse in the Bible is a bit literal the Old has gone and the New has come (2 Cor.5:17b).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thorns, Bruises, and Pierces

These are the Times....

simply novice